The add-on can take actions such as:
- tracking the progress of the linked Gtmhub objective under your JIRA Cloud
- tracking the JIRA issues updates (summary, description, status, assignees) and apply them to the linked objective's task. A task is a Gtmhub artifact, which represents a unit of work that should be done in order to achieve a given objective, it is similar to the JIRA issue
There are 2 different ways to install the Gtmhub for JIRA Cloud add-on:
Universal Plugin Manager (UPM)
You can browse the Atlassian Marketplace and install the add-on in your JIRA Cloud application.
Go to Atlassian Marketplace and search for Gtmhub for JIRA Cloud. Choose the found result and click on the Get it now button to install the add-on in your application.
Upload the add-on manually
You can install the add-on by uploading it to your Atlassian application.
- First you need to enable "Development mode". To do so go to Settings > Manage Add-ons > Click "Settings" in the down left corner, check "Enable development mode" and click "Apply"
- From the same screen click the "Upload add-on" link at the top right side of the page. The following dialog appears.
- Enter the location of the Gtmhub for JIRA Cloud descriptor's URL - https://
- Click Upload. A confirmation message appears when the add-on is successfully installed.
Now once the add-on is installed you could click on either the Get started or Configure buttons. You can easily retrieve these from your Gtmhub account. - Got to Setup > Configuration > JIRA
To unlock addition functionality you can setup a JIRA webhook, that will allow changes made in your Jira project to be automatically reflected in your Gtmhub account. The "Managing webhooks" article demonstrates how to create a webhook. Under the URL field you should paste the generated URL from the Gtmhub JIRA configure dialog. It is important to check the Issue updated event under the Events section.
Open a JIRA issue and link it to a Gtmhub objective by using the Gtmhub OKRs panel, installed in the JIRA Cloud application UI for your issues.
Now you are able to follow the Gtmhub objective progress inside your JIRA Cloud application and the issue progress inside Gtmhub account.