Gtmhub connects to over 150 business systems and automates your OKRs. In this article we will explain how to attach dynamic key results to your OKRs.
To demonstrate how to do this, we will assume that you are using Pipedrive CRM and that your objective is to drive new sales.
1. Define the objective
The first thing we need to do is define new objective.
- Navigate to OKRs section
- Click on the Create new objective button
Fill in the fields as follows:
- Write new objective: Drive new sales
- Owner: Click on the Assign to me button
Click on the Save objective button.
2. Install Pipedrive Insights
The second step is to connect Gtmhub to Pipedrive CRM. Gtmhub comes with numerous out-of-the-box insights for Pipedrive.
To learn how to install Pipedrive insights, follow this article: How to install Insights from Gallery.
Once the insights are installed, head over to InsightBoards section and you will see new dashboards for Pipedrive available.
3. Set the proper date range
You can either modify the existing InsightBoard or create a new one, but it is important that you set the Date Range filter to match your planning session. Typically, this will be "This quarter" which is the default value.
4. Add metrics to your Objective as Dynamic Key Results
We will define three key results for our objective Drive new sales:
Increase New deals amount to $50,000
ensure we have enough opportunities
Increase Won deals amount to $7,000
ensure we are bringing in enough dollars in new sales
Increase Won deals count to 9
ensure it's not just one lucky shot that brought in new sales
To define those key results as dynamic key results, follow these steps:
- Navigate to InsightBoards section
- Open the Pipeline Pipedrive InsightBoard
- Hover over the New deals amount insight value and click on the little green dot which says Add this number as a target
- In the dialog that has opened, choose a planning session in which you have created the Drive new sales objective. In my case this was Q1 2018
- From the dialog, choose the objective to which you want to attach this metric as dynamic key result. In my case this is Drive new sales.
- The final step is to define the key result. In our case, all we had to do is to set the target to be at least $50,000
- Click on the Save button and repeat this process for other two key results.
What happens with dynamic key results?
Once you have finished, your OKR should look like this.
You can notice that under each of the key results, there is a label saying A dynamic key result. This means that you don't have to update this key result anymore, but the actual value will be automatically updated by Gtmhub - getting the real-time values from Pipedrive API.