Gtmhub provides both Jira Cloud and Jira Server apps for enhancing your Jira experience. You can link your Jira items to Gtmhub OKRs by creating Tasks under an OKR. This way you represent the work that you're actually doing in Jira to support your OKR. The integration also keeps in sync the Jira issue status with the Gtmhub Task status.
This article demonstrates how to install the Gtmhub for Jira Cloud.
The application has the following features:
- Tracking the progress of the linked Gtmhub Objectives in your Jira issues - Stories, Bugs, Features, Epics etc.
- Tracking the Jira issues updates of summary, description, status, and assignees
- Apply Jira issue updates to the linked Gtmhub tasks.
A task in Gtmhub is an artifact that represents a unit of work that should be done to achieve an objective. Therefore, Jira issues are represented as a Gtmhub tasks. The app provides two-way synchronization between Jira issues and Gtmhub tasks.
You must have an active Jira account.
In the Atlassian Marketplace, go to Gtmhub for Jira Cloud and install it.
To configure Jira, perform the following:
- In Gtmhub, in the bottom of the navigation pane, click Settings.
- On the Configuration tab, click Jira.
- Use the Copy buttons to copy the values.
- Navigate to you Jira account.
In Jira settings, you can see the Gtmhub Addon.
- Open the Gtmhub addon and paste the copied settings.
Configure automatic Task status updates
When you link a JIra item to a Gtmhub OKR through this integration, this creates a Task under the specified OKR. The task is created with the current status of the Jira issue. If you want the Task to reflect the Jira issue status in real-time, you have to Setup a Jira webhook.
This allow changes made in your Jira project to be automatically reflected in your Gtmhub account.
For more information, see Jira documentation > Webhook and Managing webhooks.
In the Jira webhook setup, paste the Webhook URL copied from Gtmhub.
In the Jira webhook setup, in the Events section, under Issues, select updated and deleted.
Open a Jira issue and, from the Gtmhub OKRs panel, link it to a Gtmhub objective.
Afterwards, you are able to:
- Follow the Gtmhub objective progress from within your Jira Cloud application
- Follow the Jira issues progress from within your Gtmhub account.