Gtmhub provides both JIRA Cloud and JIRA Server apps for enhancing your JIRA experience by integrating OKRs tracking in your JIRA issues.
This article provides information on how to install the Gtmhub app for JIRA Cloud.
- tracking the progress of the linked Gtmhub Objectives in your JIRA issues (Stories, Bugs, Features, Epics etc.)
- tracking the JIRA issues updates (summary, description, status, assignees) and apply them to the linked Gtmhub Objective's task.
A task in Gtmhub is an artifact, which represents a unit of work that should be done in order to achieve a given Objective. Therefore we represent a JIRA issue as a Gtmhub task and provide two way synchronization of their states.
Instal the add-on from Universal Plugin Manager (UPM)
Once the add-on is installed :
- Click on either the Get started or Configure buttons.
- On the next screen you must specify your Gtmhub account details. You can easily retrieve them from your Gtmhub account.
- Go to your Gtmhub account > Settings > Jira
4. Use the Copy buttons to copy the values and paste them in the Gtmhub Jira add-on setup
5. The end result in your JIRA screen for configuring Gtmhub should be something like this:
Configure automatic KR updates
You can setup a Jira webhook, that will allow changes made in your Jira project to be automatically reflected in your Gtmhub account. The "Managing webhooks" article demonstrates how to create a webhook. Under the URL field you should paste the generated URL from the Gtmhub Jira configure dialog. It is important to check the Issue updated and deleted event under the Events section.
Open a Jira issue and link it to a Gtmhub objective by using the Gtmhub OKRs panel, installed in the Jira Cloud application UI for your issues.
Now you are able to follow the Gtmhub objective progress inside your Jira Cloud application and the issue progress inside Gtmhub account.