Gtmhub connects to over 150 business systems and automates your OKRs. The platform enables you to design your OKRs so you no longer need to post manual updates. Instead, you can connect your key result value to an insight, and have the value update automatically as the insight calculates it.
In a nutshell
To put this short, here's a quick explanation of how dynamic Key Results work.
- You build an insight. Insights help you calculate and visualize important metrics about your business. Learn more about creating insights here.
- Your insight outputs a number (or several numbers, depends on how you defined it). You can easily configure the HTML of any insight to make its numbers capable of powering a dynamic Key result. What you're doing, in a nutshell, is to output the number in a <metric> HTML tag.
- You create a Key Result from the insight. The <metric> tag will render a green dot when you hover over your insight number. Clicking this dot opens a wizard that guides you through the steps to create adynamic KR.
- Now every time your data source syncs and pulls new numbers in Gtmhub, your insight logic will calculate new results. These results will automatically update your KR current value. That's it, no more manual updates!
For an end-to-end example of defining a dynamic KR see our Dynamic Key Results how-to video.
To demonstrate how to do this, we will assume that you are using Hubspot CRM and that your objective is to drive new sales.
1. Define an objective
The first thing we need to do is define a new objective.
- Navigate to the OKRs drop down and enter the respective session
- Click on the Create new objective button
Fill in the fields as follows:
- Write new objective: Drive new sales
- Owner: Click on the Assign to me button
Click on the Save objective button.
2. Install an insight from the Marketplace
- Navigate to the Marketplace
- Select Get Started
- Navigate to Insights
- Choose Hubspot from the left pane menu
- Select New deals amount
- Click on Show selected insights
- Optional: change the name of the board or choose an existing one from the drop down
- Click Install Insights
- Finally click Go to insightboards
You'll find yourself back at Gtmhub and into the insightboard created for you (or the one you chose when installing the insight):
3. Set the proper date range
You can either modify the existing Insightboard or create a new one, but it is important that you set the Date Range filter to match your OKR session. Typically, this will be "This quarter" which is the default value.
NOTE: Dynamic Key Results located in a session that starts in the future will be not automatically updated before the session starts.
4. Add an insight to your Objective as a Dynamic Key Result
We will define a dynamic key result for our objective Drive new sales:
- Increase New deals amount to $500,000
ensure we have enough opportunities
To define the key result as a dynamic key result, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Insights > Insightboards section
- Open the respective Insightboard where the insight lives
- Hover over the New deals amount insight value and click on the little green dot which says Add this number as a target
- In the dialog that has opened, choose the OKR session in which you have created the Drive new sales objective. In my case, this was Q3 2020
- From the dialog, choose the objective to which you want to attach this metric as a Dynamic Key Result. In my case, this is Drive new sales.
- The final step is to define the key result. In our case, all we had to do is to set the target to be at least $500,000
- Click on the Save button
What happens with dynamic key results?
Once you have finished, your OKR might look like this:
You can notice that under each of the key results, there is a label saying A dynamic key result. This means that you don't have to update this key result anymore, but the actual value will be automatically updated by Gtmhub - getting the real-time values from Pipedrive API.