You can align objectives in two ways:
- Directly create a subobjective of an objective.
When you create a new objective, you can make it a subobjective of another, already created, objective.
For more information, see Add subobjectives.
- Create objectives and then align them in the Alignment view of a session, using drag-and-drop or cut and paste.
This article demonstrates how to align objectives, using drag-and-drop and cut and paste and how to use the other functions of the Alignment view to better visualize the objectives hierarchy.
In both cases, if you want to align objectives from different sessions, you must align the sessions first.
For more information, see Align sessions and objectives.
Align objectives using drag-and drop
Perform the following:
- Create the sessions that will hold the objectives which you want to align.
Follow procedure Create sessions.
- In each session, create the required objectives.
Follow procedure Create objectives.
- In the navigation pane, under OKRs, click All sessions.
- In the list of sessions, click the parent session where you want to align objectives.
- In the toolbar, click the Alignment tab.
- In the left pane, under CROSS-SESSION LINKING, select all sessions from which you want to align objectives.
All objectives of these sessions appear in the Alignment pane.
NOTE: To differentiate the objectives of the sessions, each objective is marked with the color of its session.
- Under OPTIONS, click Expand all.
If there is any existing alignment, it becomes visible in the Alignment pane.
- Under OPTIONS, select Drag and drop alignment.
- Use drag-and-drop to align the objectives one under the other, as required.
You this by dragging the solid dot in front of the objective and dropping it inside the dashed dot behind the desired objective.
NOTE: If you try to make a circular reference, Gtmhub displays an error message and does not allow you to do so.
- When finished, deselect Drag and drop alignment.
Align objectives using cut-and-paste
Alternatively, if your Alignment pane is too big and you want to move an objective from one side to the other, you can cut and paste it under another objective.
To do this, perform the following:
- In the Alignment pane, expand the menu of the objective that you want to align under another objective.
- Click Mark to move.
- Expand the menu of the objective where you want to align the marked objective.
- Click Move the selected objective here.
Configure the information displayed in the Alignment pane
You can choose to view only particular information for the objectives.
Under VIEW, select one of the following:
- Objectives only
Only the names of the objectives are displayed.
- Show owner
The names of the objectives and their owners are displayed.
- Include key results
The names of the objectives, their owners, and their key results are displayed.
Arrange the Alignment pane
You can arrange the objectives in the Alignment pane.
To do this, in the right pane, under ORDER BY, select one of the following:
Orders the sibling objectives by their names.
Orders the sibling objectives by the names of their owner.
Orders the sibling objectives by their current progress.
Each of these arranges the subobjectives of an objective in turn of their subordination. First, the parent objectives are sorted, then their child objectives, and so on.
Recenter the Alignment pane
Recentering the Alignment view brings you back to the top objective, depending on the selected order.
To recenter the Alignment pane, in the right pane, under OPTIONS, click Re-center.
Zoom in and out the Alignment pane
To zoom in and out the Alignment pane, you can use one of the following:
- In the right pane, under OPTIONS, select Use scrollbars.
In the upper-left corner of the pane, the zoom in, zoom out buttons appear.
- Use the zoom in and zoom out functions of your touchpad or mouse.
First, deselect Use scrollbars.
Search objectives in the Alignment pane
You can search for objectives that:
- Are owned by a particular employee or team.
Under OBJECTIVE OWNER, click + Select more, select the desired employees or teams, and click Select owners.
The objectives, owned by the specified person or team, expand.
- Are tagged with a specific tag
Under TAGGED UNDER, click +Search for tags, enter the tag, and press
The objectives, tagged with the specified tag, expand.