This article describes how to modify the permissions in Jira for the Gtmhub for Jira Cloud plugin and the Gtmhub for Jira Server plugin.
When you install the Gtmhub plugin, Jira automatically creates a new permissions section for Gtmhub, called View OKRs.
You can find it in the Administration section of Jira Cloud or Jira Server, under Global permissions.
By default, all default Jira groups are granted with View OKRs permission. To grant permission to a custom Jira group, you have to modify the permissions for Gtmhub plugin in Jira.
For more information about Jira groups, see Jira documentation > Managing groups.
Modify global Jira permissions
To modify the permissions for the Gtmhub plugin for Jira, perform the following:
- Login to your Jira account.
- Navigating to Settings > System.
- In the navigation pane, click Global permissions.
- In the Add Permission section, in the Permission dropdown box, select View OKRs.
- In Group dropdown box, select the Jira group of users that you want to grant permissions to.
The users in this group will have access to the OKRs that are linked to Jira issues in all projects.
- Click Add.
All users who are part of the selected group are granted with access to OKRs from Gtmhub that are being linked to a given issue in Jira.
NOTE: When you grant a group of users a global View OKRs permission, they can have access to all linked OKRs in all Jira projects.
For more information about Jira global permissions, see Jira documentation > Managing global permissions.
Modify permissions on project level
You can also grant permission on project level. By doing so, the users granted with this permission can have access only to the linked OKRs in the selected JIRA project.
To do that, perform the following:
- In the Jira toolbar, expand Projects and click your project.
- In the bottom-left corner, click Project settings.
- In the left pane, click Permissions.
- In the upper-right corner, expand Actions and click Edit permissions.
- In the Issue permissions section, locate View OKRs and click its Edit button.
- Select the Jira group of users that you want to grant permissions to.
The users in this group will have access to the OKRs that are linked to Jira issues in this project.
- Click Grant.
NOTE: On project level you can grant View OKRs permission not only to a group of users but also to a project role and to users with specific application access.