Gtmhub provides both Jira Cloud and Jira Server apps for enhancing your Jira experience by integrating OKRs tracking in your JIRA issues.
This article provides information on how to install the Gtmhub app for JIRA Server. The app is called OKRs for Jira by Gtmhub.
The application has the following features:
- Tracking the progress of the linked Gtmhub Objectives in your Jira issues - Stories, Bugs, Features, Epics etc.
- Tracking the Jira issues updates of summary, description, status, and assignees
- Apply Jira issue updates to the linked Gtmhub tasks.
A task in Gtmhub is an artifact that represents a unit of work that should be done to achieve an objective. Therefore, Jira issues are represented as a Gtmhub tasks. The app provides two-way synchronization between Jira issues and Gtmhub tasks.
You must have a running Jira account.
In the Atlassian Marketplace, go to OKRs for Jira by Gtmhub and install it.
To configure Jira, perform the following:
- In Gtmhub, in the bottom of the navigation pane, click Settings.
- On the Configuration tab, click Jira.
- Use the Copy buttons to copy the values.
- Navigate to you Jira account.
In Jira settings, you can see the Gtmhub Addon.
- Open the Gtmhub addon and paste the copied settings.
Configure automatic key result updates
To configure your key results to be automatically updated by Jira, you have to Setup a Jira webhook.
This allow changes made in your Jira project to be automatically reflected in your Gtmhub account.
For more information, see Jira documentation > Webhook and Managing webhooks.
In the Jira webhook setup, paste the Webhook URL copied from Gtmhub.
In the Jira webhook setup, in the Events section, under Issues, select updated and deleted.
Open a Jira issue and, from the Gtmhub OKRs panel, link it to a Gtmhub objective.
Afterwards, you are able to:
- Follow the Gtmhub objective progress from within your Jira Cloud application
- Follow the Jira issues progress from within your Gtmhub account.