By using the KR cascading feature, multiple team members can contribute to the achievement of one key result. To do this, you must enable cascading when creating the key result.
Cascading down a key result allows you to select in which child objective you want to create a contributing key result and also define the size of the contribution.
- Before cascading down a key result, you must have enabled cascading for this key result.
For more information, see Enable key result cascading.
- The key result that you want to cascade down must be of type Should increase to.
- You must have aligned at least one objective under the objective whose key result you want to cascade.
Perform the following:
- In the navigation pane, under OKRs, click All sessions.
- Click the session whose key result you want to cascade down.
- Click the Alignment tab.
- In the VIEW section, select Include key results.
- Expand the menu of the key result that you want to cascade down.
- Click Cascade into one of the child OKRs.
- In the first input field, enter how much do you think the key result of the child objective will contribute to this key result.
For example, if the key result Should increase to 10 and you enter 3, this means that the child key result will contribute 30% to the this key result.
- In the second input field, select the owner of the child key result.
- Click Select in which child objective you want to place this contributing KR.
A list of all objectives aligned under this objective appears.
- Select the objective where to place the contributing key result.
- Click Save.
Gtmhub creates the same key result in the child objective, assigns it the target value that you entered in Step 7 and the owner that you entered in Step 8.
NOTE: You can cascade down one key result into multiple objectives. The total of the contribution of all cascading key results should sum up to 100%, although you can configure it to be more.