I have an Insightboard that should be visible only by some members of my account. How do I restrict it?
Setting Insightboard permissions can be done when creating an Insightboard or editing an Insightboard (user, user's team or role or the whole account must have "modifyPermissions" action in this case).
Here's how to modify the insightboard permissions:
- Navigate to Insights > Insightboards
- Select an Insightboard > upper left drop-down menu > Edit
- Navigate to the Persmissions section and choose Custom from the drop-down menu
- Modify the permissions for this Insightboard accordingly
- Click Save insightboard
When customizing permissions, 5 different options are available for each principal (employee, team, role or account) added to permissions collection:
- read - this actions allows the principals to access and preview the Insightboard
- update - allows the users to change the name, add insights (if their roles include "Manage Data" permission), change Insightboard parameters (filters) values, modify tags
- create - at the moment this action is not used
- delete - allows the principal to delete the Insightboard
- modifyPermissions - allows the user to add or remove principals from permissions and change the actions added to each principal
If you want your Insightboard to be inaccessible for an employee, please make sure that the employee is excluded from permissions. This means that the employee's teams, roles, and the whole account should not be added to permissions collection as
If you wish to make a "read-only" Insightboard for an employee, team, role or everyone in account, please mark only "read" action for this principal in permissions collection.