Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) evaluate the success of an organization or of a particular activity. Store, monitor, and track KPI and get automatic updates.
KPIs are a way of evaluating performance and are often used together with a management methodology such as OKRs.
In Gtmhub, KPIs provide real-time, always up-to-date information available for analysis and action.
There are two ways to create a KPI, manually and dynamically. Manual KPIs are manually updated, while dynamic KPIs are automatically updated as the insight calculates.
To be able to create, edit, and delete KPIs and KPI Groups, you must have the Manage Data permission.
Create manual KPIs
Perform the following:
- In the navigation pane, expand Insights and click KPIs.
- In the toolbar, click Create a KPI.
- Enter a name for your KPI.
- Enter a description of your KPI.
- In KPI owner, select who owns this KPI.
The KPI is automatically assigned to you. To change that, click Change > + Select from list, select an employee or team.
- In Summarize with, choose how to summarize data.
Select one of the following: Last Value, Sum, Average.
This summarizes the data by the last recorded value for the period, by the sum of all values for the period, or by the average of all values for the period, respectively.
- If the data has a special format, in Unit, select how to format it.
For example if the data is in USD, select $.
- In Decimal size, choose the accuracy, by selecting numbers after the decimal point.
- In Direction choose between More is better or Less is better, depending on the nature of the KPI.
- Click Create KPI.
NOTE: Depending on what you have select in Direction, the color of each KPI cell will adjust relative to the previous entry. For example, if you choose More is better, as the values increase, KPI cells will become green. If they decrease, KPI cells will become red.
Create dynamic KPIs
You create dynamic KPIs from insights. The dynamic KPIs are automatically updated as the insight changes.
Perform the following:
- In the navigation pane, expand Insights and click Insightboards.
- Click the board where the insight is.
- Hover over the green dot and click + (Add this number as a target).
- Click Add as KPI.
- Fill out the required fields.
For more information, see Create manual KPI procedure above.
- Click Create KPI > Go to KPIs.
NOTE: Even though dynamic KPIs are updated by the linked insight, you can overwrite the dynamically calculated values.