KPIs are a way of evaluating performance and are often used together with a management methodology such as OKRs.
In Gtmhub, KPIs provide real-time, always up-to-date information available for analysis and action by anyone (subject to permissions).
Here's how to create KPIs in your Gtmhub account:
- Navigate to Insights > KPIs
- Click on Create a KPI
How to create a KPI
There are two ways to create a KPI, manually and dynamically. Manual KPIs are manually updated whereas dynamic KPIs are automatically updated as the Insight calculates it.
To add a manual KPI, provide the following information:
- Enter a name... - the name of your KPI
- Enter a description - provide additional information if needed
- KPI owner - who will own the KPI
- Summarize with - Last value, Sum, or Average
- Unit - $, €, %, custom
- Decimal size - the number of fractional digits or decimal places
- Direction - ↑ More is better or ↓ Less is better
ℹ️ Depending on what you select for Direction, the color of each KPI cell will adjust relative to the previous entry. For example, if you choose ↑ More is better, as values increase, KPI cells will be green. If they decrease, KPI cells will be red.
Creating a dynamic KPI is very similar to defining dynamic Key Results.
- Create your Insight. If you do not know how to create an Insight, learn how to create one using SQL and HTML or create a Codeless Insight
- Hover over the value and click on Add this number as a target
- Click on Add as KPI
- Enter the same information as you would for a manual KPI
- Click on Create KPI
- Click Go to KPIs (to see your new dynamic KPI)
ℹ️ Even though dynamic KPIs are updated as the linked Insight is re-calculated, you can override values that are dynamically updated by updating them in-line.
What is displayed in each cell?
Each cell contains the KPI value, the delta, and the percentage change relative to the previous value.
A user needs Manage Data permission to create, edit and delete KPIs and KPI Groups.