In Gtmhub, you can use dynamic key results to design your OKRs, so that you do not need to post manual updates. You can connect your key result values to an insight and have the values updated automatically, as the insight calculates.
Furthermore, you can filter your insights and then create dynamic key results from them.
To be able to use an insight to create automatic key results, you must output the number from the insight in a
<metric> HTML tag.
You want to build an insight that measures your team's performance in a team – for example, technical documentation. You have an insight that measures how many articles you have created, since your product launch.
In your team, there are three contributors to the documentation. You want to set one dynamic key result for each of the team members, regarding their number of articles they have to write for the quarter.
- One approach it to create three separate insights that will have as hard deadlines the end of the quarter and will have different documentation owner.
- A better approach is to create one insight, then filter it by documentation owner to create three separate dynamic key results for the three team members.
To create a dynamic key result based on a filtered insight, perform the following:
- Define the filter.
For more information, see Create filters for insightboards.
- Apply the filter to the insight.
For more information, see Filter the output of insights.
- Create the dynamic key result from the desired insight.
For more information, see Create dynamic key results.
The following process explains how filters work for dynamic key results:
- When you use a filter syntax in the SQL of your insight, this creates a placeholder.
- When you select a value to filter your insightboard, Gtmhub dynamically updates the SQL of your insight, replacing the placeholder with the actual value.
- When you apply a filter and you create a dynamic key result from the filtered insight, the output of the insight, which is pulled by the key result, has the filter applied.
- You can apply different filter combinations and create dynamic key results for each combination.