Spreadsheet files are a popular way to store data in text files. A lot of applications such as CRM and SaaS applications offer a way to export/import data in spreadsheet format.
Gtmhub can import any spreadsheet file and use it as a data source for generating insights and metrics. Prerequisite for importing a spreadsheet file is that the sheets contained in the file must have headers. Similar to the the CSV file connector the first row of each sheet must hold the column names.
How to connect
- In Gtmhub, navigate to Setup > Data Sources screen
- Click on the Add new Data Source button
- From the Choose a Data Source dialog, select Spreadsheet file from Files tab
- Enter the publicly accessible file url (for example, this could be a file shared on Dropbox or Google Drive).
- Click on the Connect button
- Select the file you've connected to and click on the Use ... button
- Give your data source a meaningful name and select the sync schedule
- Click on the Add my data source button
What data from spreadsheet file can I use
The spreadsheet file sheets must have a header row. In other words, the first row of a sheet has to contain the name of the columns. Then, you can use any column to populate the entity. One file can be used to power more than one entity in Gtmhub - by connecting the entities to separate sheets in the file.
Note on Dropbox
When you share the files on Dropbox, generated url will be a url to Dropbox viewer. To make it a url for the actual file, you need to change the ?dl=0 part to ?dl=1
So, instead of: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jrrig3fpwjib20b/data.xlsx?dl=0
In Gtmhub you should change it to: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jrrig3fpwjib20b/data.xlsx?dl=1