CSV or comma-separated values file is a popular way to store data in textual files. Many systems, such as spreadsheets and SaaS applications offer a way to export data in a CSV format.
Gtmhub can import any CSV file and use it as a data source for generating insights and metrics.
The following is an example of a CSV file:
Tony Shaw,VP Sales,70000
In this example, the first row -
Name,Position,Salary, is the header row that gives the names to the columns.
The CSV file that you import must have headers.
Perform the following:
- In the navigation pane, expand Insights and click Data sources.
- In the toolbar, click Add new data source.
- Click the Files tab.
- Click CSV file.
- Enter a name for this data source.
- In URL, enter the publicly accessible URL of the CSV file.
For example, this could be a file shared on Dropbox or Google Drive.
- Click Connect data source.
When you share the files on Dropbox, the generated URL will be a URL to the Dropbox viewer.
To make it a URL for the actual file, you must to change the
?dl=0 part to
EXAMPLE: Instead of:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mk51tebmxrd2n8v/employees.csv?dl=0, in Gtmhub enter: