What is a team?
In Gtmhub, team is a term we use for any group of people. Company itself is just a team. You can use teams to define divisions, departments, squads, tribes...
Teams have a manager and members. Setting up а proper team structure allows Gtmhub to automatically create reports and set view rights (e.g. my manager only).
How to create a team?
To create a new team, follow this process:
- In Gtmhub, navigate to People section
- Go to the Teams tab
- Click on the Create new team button
Enter the team information in the form:
- Team name: This is the name of the team. If the team represents the company, you can name it Company or enter the name of the company.
- Short description: In this field, enter the mission of the team or the reason why it exists.
- Parent team: Gtmhub allows you to build an org chart. With the parent team, you can build the hierarchy of the teams. For example, you can have company team at the top, then sales team underneath, then account executive team underneath. In this field select the parent team of the team you are creating.
- Team icon: To give the team a personality, you can choose an icon and color of the team.
- Click on the Save team button.