Gtmhub is made for flexibility so that you and your team can effectively execute your OKRs process and achieve your top-level goals for the session.
The goal of this guide is to provide OKRs champions, account administrators, and team managers a short practical example of how key stakeholders can be empowered in Gtmhub by involving them in the OKRs-setting process.
Using the Custom Fields option
By using the custom fields feature in Gtmhub, you can add or remove fields that provide additional context.
Please note that custom fields can be added both on an Objective and Key Results levels.
When you add a new custom field, it will appear on every Objective/Key Result that you assign it to.
Example: Building a RACI matrix in Gtmhub
RACI is a framework that helps companies clarify and define roles and responsibilities in cross-functional departments and teams. It's widely used in Matrix-structured organizations and it provides information about who's responsible for doing what. RACI stands for:
- Responsible: teammates who do the work to complete the task; teammate/s who will do the work to complete the task
- Accountable: teammates who ensure the prerequisites of the task are met and who delegates the work to those responsible;
- Consulted: teammates whose opinions are sought, typically subject matter experts, and with whom there is two-way communication;
- Informed: teammates who are kept up-to-date on progress, often only on completion of the task or deliverable.
Here's how to build a RACI matrix in Gtmhub using the Customize fields option
Phase I: customize the first field in the RACI Matrix structure:
- Navigate to settings > Custom fields > Add New Custom Field
- Define the new custom field by filling in all the mandatory blanks
- Under the UI Selector, choose Assignee selector
- Customize your preferences according to your process
- Click Save
Phase II: repeat steps in Phase I accordingly. By the end of the process, you should get the following result:
You see that when you create new objective, you now have 4 additional new fields to fill in. These are, responsible, accountable, consulted, and informed, respectfully. By selecting employee or team from the account, you can effectively get them involved in the process.
Phase III: Appoint key stakeholders:
When customizing fields, if you select the "Required" checkbox, filling it in will be mandatory when setting an Objective.
Rearranging the OKRs grid: an extra tool for better visualization
The OKRs grid is the table-like OKRs view that reside under the "Objectives" screen. Here's how to rearrange it so that you add an extra layer of context for your teammates:
- Make sure the custom field is set on an Objective level
- Navigate back to a session in which you want to rearrange the grid columns
- Click on the settings and actions drop-down menu
- Select Rearrange grid columns
- Make the necessary adjustments according to your organizational needs for this particular session
Please note that you can add or remove custom fields in the grid only if you set them on an Objective level. If you choose to customize fields on a Key Results level, they will only be available when you assign KRs to an Objective.