To create an Objective in Gtmhub, you need to make sure that you have created an OKR session with status Open.
- From the OKRs drop-down menu choose the respective session where you'd like to create the objective.
- click the Add new objective button on the upper right corner. A form for creating a new Objective will appear.
Define your Objective by setting the following fields:
- Name (required) - title of the Objective. For example, 'Improve communication between sales and marketing team'.
- Description (optional) – describe why you want to achieve this Objective. For example, 'Our conversion rate is pretty low so we need to improve the way in which marketing and sales teams define qualified opportunities'.
- Owner (required) - person or a team that is responsible for the Objective. To set the owner, just start typing the name of the person or a team and selector will appear. Select the person or a team from the selector.
- Alignment (optional) - If this Objective exists in order to support a higher-level objective, you can establish the relations between the two objectives here. For example, if you have decided to improve communication between the sales and marketing team in order to support the 'Increase conversion rates' Objective, you would align your Objective with the 'Increase conversion rates' Objective.
- Progress calculation - choose whether the objective progress will be calculated based on the key results you'll define or it will be the average progress of the directly aligned OKRs.
- Privacy (optional) – mark your Objective as private in case there is a sensitive information that should be available to you, your manager, and account administrator.
3. Click on the Save objective button and your OKR will be created.
You can now proceed to defining key results for this Objective.
Browse the Marketplace for inspiration and even install ready-to-use OKRs.